Frequently Asked Questions and Information
Buying a Puppy
Buying a puppy can be one of the most joyful experiences of your life. That’s why we’re here.
Petland puppies must meet standards before they can become Petland puppies.
A Petland puppy is provided with significant veterinarian care and vaccinations before it is placed in your home.
- We use high quality food.
- We weigh them daily and take their temperatures often.
- We groom each puppy daily; including bathing, nail trimming and brushing.
- Socialization with adults and children including lots of play.
- Daily Exercise.
Petland offers many different breeds, we will help match you with the right breed for your personality and lifestyle.
- Petland puppies go home with a complimentary first veterinary exam.
- We provide a Health Certificate, and the vaccines up to date.
- Our Puppies come with a Microchip ready for activation.
- Three Generations Pedigree.
- Registration Papers.
- Petland provides all customers with a comprehensive one (1) year extended warranty with their puppy.
- Puppy Package Resources Kit (with a training video).
Q: Will my puppy be registered?
A: There are several canine registries (The American Kennel Club, (AKC), APR, ACA, UKC) and others. Most of our puppies are registered. You will be given the opportunity to register your new puppy at the time of purchase.
Q: What does it mean to have a registered puppy?
A: Buying a registered, purebred puppy means that its family tree is documented as being exclusively one breed. Buying a registered dog does not necessarily mean that the dog will be healthier than a non-registered dog. It means that its parents are of the same breed and that the dog comes from a purebred line. AKC (American Kennel Club) is the most familiar purebred dog registry in the country. There are several other dog registries such as ACA, APR, UKC that also register purebred dogs.
Q: Will my puppy be microchipped?
A: Yes, all of our puppies are microchipped before purchase. You will be given the opportunity to register it at the time of purchase. It is extremely important to register your puppies microchip. If your puppy should ever become lost, there is a good chance that your puppy will be recovered if it has a registered microchip. In a pets lifetime, one out of three will become lost. Without enrollment registration and identification about ninety percent will not be recovered.
Q: What breeds are best for people who have allergies?
A: People who have allergies should consider dogs that shed very little. Breeds to consider are: Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Chinese Crested, Irish Water Spaniel, Kelly Blue Terrier, Maltese, Poodle, Schnauzer, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.